Your San Antonio churches stained glass is likely very valuable to your parish. Not only because vintage stained glass can be worth a fair amount of money depending on age, quality, and artist who created it. But also because this glass has been in your church through generations of worshippers. The stained glass in your chapel, synagogue or mosque has seen countless baptisms, funerals, and weddings. Meaning, it has been as much a part of your church as your members have been. It is for this reason, that restoring stained glass is so very critical. Here at Stained Glass San Antonio, it is our job to help you get on with restoring your stained glass and hopefully, breathing new life and love into your congregation.
Our Restoration Process
- The Consultation: Here at Stained Glass San Antonio, we always start our stained glass restoration process with a free consultation. This helps ensure we understand your goals as well as your glass. We are experts at navigating internal church processes. Meaning we are as comfortable talking to a church elder as we are working with a congregation committee. We will evaluate your glass from top to bottom, making sure we have a deep understanding of any and all issues.
- The Estimate: Since we start with such a meticulous review of your San Antonio church’s stained glass windows, we can give precision estimates of cost and scope to our clients. We will include everything you need to know about what is going to happen and when. When we present the estimate, we will also be happy to review any ideas we have from our past experience about how your church can fundraise for the job. We have worked with countless churches to help get them the funding ideas they need to get the stained glass restoration they need.
- The Restoration: A stained glass restoration starts with us painstakingly removing the entirety of your chapel’s affected glass. We then transport it to our studio where our artists begin their work. This work entails all or many of the following:
- Removing the old leading
- Soaking each piece of glass to clean them
- Making new pieces of glass to replace broken ones
- Repainting tarnished or faded painted stained glass pieces
- Re-leading each piece of glass
- Repairing frames and other structural elements
Once this is done, we return lively and lustrous new stained glass windows to your church and re-install them. The new life you will see in your restored windows is amazing and well worth the work (on your end and ours) to make them shine again.
For more information and to schedule a consultation for stained glass restoration on your San Antonio church, contact us at San Antonio Stained Glass today!