Five Major Benefits of Stained Glass RestorationMartin Faith
Stained glass restoration is a good idea because it helps to preserve an important part of history. Stained glass windows are often centuries old, and many of them contain artwork and designs that are irreplaceable. Restoring the glass helps to ensure that these works of art remain intact for future generations to enjoy. Additionally, restoring the stained glass can help to improve the appearance of a building, adding beauty and character to the structure.
Five Top Benefits of Stained Glass Restoration in San Antonio
1. Improved energy efficiency: Restoring stained glass can help restore the original structure and provide better insulation, allowing for improved energy efficiency.
2. Increased beauty: Restoring stained glass can help to bring back the original vibrant hues and colors of the design, allowing for a more beautiful overall appearance.
3. Improved structural integrity: Restoring stained glass can help to reinforce the frame and glass, increasing the longevity of the piece.
4. Added protection: Restoring stained glass can help to protect the glass from further damage and deterioration.
5. Increased value: Restoring stained glass can help to increase the resale value of a property.
The Stained Glass Restoration Process
The stained glass restoration process typically involves the removal of the stained glass panel from its frame and frame elements. The panel is then taken to a restoration studio where it is examined and cleaned, and any repairs or restoration of the lead cames and glass pieces is done. Once the restoration and repairs are complete, the panel is reassembled and returned to its frame. Depending on the extent of the work, this process can take anywhere from several weeks to several months.
Give us a call today to chat more about stained glass restoration in San Antonio, and to schedule your free consultation.